Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Spring Break 2012

Things I did over Spring Break 2012:

Work.
Most of the days on spring break I got a bunch of hours in pruning apple trees at the orchard where I work. Can't really complain about the weather either; it was perfect for working outside.

Research colleges.
I know that deadlines are about a month and a half away, but I'm honestly still frantically trying to make a decision. Having applied to a handful of colleges, I've been trying to weigh scholarships, costs, and qualities and types of programs they each have. Although Michigan State and Michigan Tech were my top choices last fall, it looks like the best options right now are Grand Valley (honors college), Calvin College, and Lake Superior.

Hanging out with friends.
Definitely the best thing about spring break. Matt and I messed around with some dry ice and pop bottles, and an exploding 3-liter sierra mist bottle is one of the loudest noises I've ever heard. And Arika and I also went on a awesome hike at the nature center on one of the nice days.

Oh, and did I mention Easter is my absolute favorite holiday? It is. On a Friday long ago, my savior died for me. But this wouldn't be important or even really matter, had he not risen three days later like he said. But because he did, Easter is no doubt the best reminder to me of the amazing love our savior has for us, and of what's to come someday.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha. Exploding Sierra Mist sounds interesting. Good luck on the college choice--it must be rough. Also, Easter is an awesome time, I must agree with you.

    ReplyDelete